The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve.
Welcome to North Pres News. In here you will find the dates for council, workgroups & Northern Presbytery events. If you would like to receive an email regularly with news, events, special services, workshops etc happening around the Northern Presbytery Churches please enter your email address here and remember to let us know if you have something you’d like other churches know about.
The Rev Viv Coleman is asking ministers to consider being part of a qualitative study for her thesis, in which she is examining the experiences of being reviewed or appraised in the church ministry. Full details of the study are available here or take a look at the latest Bush Telegraph.
- Saturday, February 21st, re:PLAY Youth Sports Competition at Snells Beach. More details here about how your youth can be involved.
- Thursday, February 26th, at 7.30pm Induction of Rev Richard Gray to Waiuku and Districts Combined Churches.
- Saturday, February 28th, Summer Presbytery from 9am at Papatoetoe –St John’s Church.
- Thursday, March 5th , at 7.15pm Induction of Rev Martin Baker into Clevedon Presbyterian Church
- Thursday, March 12th, at 6pm Ordination & Induction of Carolyn Kelly as Chaplain at McLaurin Chapel, 18 Princes St. Please note there is limited parking at St Andrew’s First Presbyterian at 2 Symonds St.
Work groups & Council:
- Thursday, February 12th, Presbytery Council will hold its first monthly meeting of the year. Presbytery Executive Council meets weekly on Thursdays at 10am at 111 Great South Rd.
- Property & Finance: When: Tuesday, 17th February at 9am. Where: 111 Great South Rd, Greenlane.
- Ministry: When: Tuesday, 17th February at 12.30pm. Where: Mt Roskill –St John’s Church.
- Prayer & Healing: When: Wednesday, 18th February at 12.30pm. Where: Mangere Presbyterian Church.
- Youth: When: to be confirmed. Where: 111 Great South Rd, Greenlane.
Requests to any of these groups, should to be made at least a week prior to the meeting along with any supporting material. Please email these to the Northern Presbytery office and we will organize for their distribution to the appropriate members. Thank you.