Greetings, as we move towards spring with the promise of new growth and expectation that our Lord will enable a later harvest.
Thank you to those who responded to the questionaire around Manses. A brief summary indicates the following…
- 46% of parishes have the Minister occupying the Manse
- 39% do not own a Manse
- 15% have Manse rented
- Around 30% need serious refurbishment to regain a satisfactory classification
- Managers have a responsibility to inspect the property at least annually to maintain the investment and provide good housing for the Minister
The Presbytery organised monthly Regional Youth Services are proving very successful. Last Sunday some 220 gathered at St Andrew’s, Henderson. Inspiring worship, a challenging message, excellent hospitality. Thank you to St Andrew’s and Emma, our Presbytery Youth Co-ordinator.
Spring Presbytery will be at Howick Presbyterian, Saturday 8th November. Keynote Speaker will be Ross Bay, Bishop of Auckland.
A reminder that Assembly Week happens at St Kentigern College, 3rd – 7th October. The usual features of Assembly, including the induction of Rev Andrew Norton, business sessions, plus inspiring speakers, worship and fellowship. A parallel Youth Gathering is a new venture as is an Inspiring Mission Programme open to any Church members. It is a new structure for our National gathering and deserves our support both in prayer and presence. More details are at www.pcanzassembly.org.nz
The Church Property Trustees have modified their application forms should you wish to buy, sell, lease, or modify your buildings. The major change is the requirement to provide a Five Year Mission Plan. A small group are meeting with the aim of providing guidance and perhaps some templates to assist parishes. We are very conscious of capacity issues within parishes and the oft quoted truism “If you fail to plan, are you planning to fail”.
Work Group meetings for September -visitors and new members always welcomed
- Youth at 111, Tuesday 9th September from 9am
- Property and Finance at 111, Tuesday 16th September from 9am
- Ministry at St John’s, Mt Roskill, Tuesday 16th September from 12.30pm
- Prayer and Healing at Mangere Presbyterian, Wednesday 17th September from 12.30pm